Obesity is not only a cosmetic concern now; it is more than that. Obesity is a medical condition that increases the risk of other diseases and chronic health problems. In this condition, excess fat gets accumulated to the extent that it produces a negative effect on the mind and health. Get treated with laparoscopic colectomy in Kochi and enjoy a healthy life with us.
Weight loss treatment
- Acupuncture with a combination of a healthy diet and exercise is very effective in reducing the excess weight.
- Ear acupuncture is one of the popular acupuncture treatments for weight loss, also known as auricular acupuncture for weight loss.
But, for severe conditions, weight loss is obtained through surgical technique.
What is Key Hole Sleeve Gastrectomy Surgical technique for Weight Loss
- The continued prevalence of morbid obesity in the Indian population is alarming. Particularly in Kerala, obesity is rising, with increased levels of cardiovascular disease, diabetes, arthritis, and early mortality.
- A survey conducted among school children in Kochi, Kerala, revealed alarming results with more than a third of children being overweight, and half of them are obsessed. So, finding a treatment or solution is necessary.
How you get obsessed?
- Morbid obesity gets associated with twice the mortality compared with the general population.
- There are numerous other conditions, such as hypertension and type II diabetes. The so‐called “metabolic syndrome” becomes more familiar with rising BMI, and carries a threefold increase in cardiovascular morbidity and is aggravated in a more detrimental facet.
- Further noting, non‐alcoholic fatty liver disease is present in 90% of the liver biopsy specimens taken during bariatric surgery.
All these facts and figures imply a safe and reliable solution in the medical domain, like a keyhole sleeve gastrectomy and laparoscopic colectomy provided at Astra Medcity Kochi Kerala.
Treatment options for morbid obesity
When a person suffers from morbid obesity, it is recommended to take into account some facts in deciding on a permanent solution to prevent further health problems. Consider the various treatment options to make an informed decision to deal with the condition.
- It would be useful to know the classification of the degrees of obesity in the world according to internationally established guidelines.
- First, determine the different treatment options to the problem according to its severity.
- Classification, according to the BMI, can prove beneficial for the treatment.
- The effects of these weight loss measures may not be sustainable in the long term. Around 66%-90% of the patients regain weight after cessation of treatment.
The best treatment is a keyhole sleeve gastrectomy or laparoscopic colectomy surgery in Kochi to bring the increased BMI index to normal conditions.
WHAT IS BARIATRIC SURGERY?
- It is a set of surgical procedures on the gastrointestinal tract designed to reduce the intake of nutrients by minimizing the stomach’s size or effectively bypassing a part of the small intestine.
- Bariatric surgery poses to be the best means of delivering sustained weight loss.
- Laparoscopic or keyhole sleeve gastrectomy is the most effective form of surgery for overweight patients.
Why choose us?
We provide for a sufficient contrast in physiologic advancements, affordable charges, and best team or surgeries. Laparoscopic Colectomy in Kochi is known as the best treatment for Obesity in Kochi. All the obesity surgeries for weight loss get successfully implemented at our hospital at Kochi Kerala under the valuable guidance of veteran laparoscopic surgeon Dr. K Prakash.
Know more for Laparoscopic colectomy weight loss surgery or the keyhole sleeve gastrectomy in Kochi. And it’s now affordable and sage.