With dynamic advancements in the domain of medical sciences, often, the treatment of Colon and Rectal Cancer involves surgery. Medically known as Colorectal surgery, it is a medical procedure all or part of a diseased organ gets removed. Get treated for your Colon and Rectal Cancer surgery by Dr.K.Prakash in Kochi. We account for having a less invasive method for the operation of Colon and Rectal Cancer. According to numerous scientific studies and registries, there has been a drastic growth in the cases of colon and rectal cancer, particularly in Kerala. The case numbers being more by 20-25%. The incidence of colorectal cancer in Kerala is about 5.5/ 100,000, and recent PCBR data in 2015 (unpublished ) is 9.4%.
Symptoms of Colon and rectal cancer
- A frequent change in your bowel habits, including diarrhea or constipation, is not correct.
- A change over the consistency of your stool that lasts longer than four weeks is an alarming sign.
- If you are experiencing Rectal bleeding or blood in your stool, it may not be a good symptom.
- Persistent abdominal discomforts, such as cramps, gas, or pain, may not be right.
- Weakness or fatigue.
- Unexplained frequent weight loss.
If you are experiencing any of the above signs and symptoms in your healthy day-to-day life, do not hesitate to take a medical test with us.
Medical test for colon malignancy before treatment
Colonoscopy with biopsy is the test for confirmation.
- A CT scan
- An MRI scan
- Blood test
- Selective PET scan
Treatment for colon cancer
Once you take the medical tests with us, if the report is positive, we proceed for the further plans for its treatment. We prefer radical surgery to make it less painful for you. A tumor with all draining nodes is taken out. Most of the cases of colon cancers get treated with laparoscopy in Kochi. Since the laparoscopic surgeries have many advantages over other methods of treatment, so it is a preferred technique. The benefits include early recovery, less pain, less blood loss, and the early return of bowel function. It has been proven that results of laparoscopic surgery for colon cancer have an equal effect to that of open surgery in the short and long-term.
Best treatment For Rectal cancer
Rectal cancer usually develops over the years. Rectal or rectosigmoid cancers are malignancy that is involved with the last portion of the large intestine. They may be present with rectal bleed or altered bowel habits. It gets often diagnosed with a colonoscopy depending on its intensity. Our treatment includes:
- In locally bulky or slightly advanced rectal cancers, chemoradiation therapy is given before surgery.
- Our Laparoscopic anterior resection surgery provides radical surgery for rectal cancer with total mesorectal excision.
- Treatment for low rectal cancer requires a temporary colostomy for a few weeks along with laparoscopic low anterior resection.
- We also provide Robotic surgery for rectal cancer as an effective method for the treatment of carcinoma rectum.
The Final word
Although the long term results of the colon and rectal cancer depend on the stage of the disease, we strive to ensure the best treatment and medical procedures for you. With a medical team of highly qualified doctors under the guidance of Dr.K.Prakash, we provide 100% success with the treatment of colon and rectal cancer surgery.