Obesity surgery is a general term that is used frequently when any person is suffering from severe obesity. Generally, a person with BMI (Body Mass Index) greater than 60 Kg/m is said to be super “obese.” Fortunately, with the advancements in the field of science and technology in the field of medical science, it is now possible to get treated with morbid obesity with a progressive approach. Laparoscopic or keyhole sleeve gastrectomy is the best form of surgery for overweight patients.
Are you severely overweight and planning to undergo a medical treatment to revert to a healthy weight and lifestyle?
Scroll down to know the real picture of the various treatments that have extended its reach to cure morbid obesity and its underlying consequences.
Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy: Procedure
- Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomyis a restrictive procedure. It is carried out without the malabsorptive component that is present in other bariatric procedures. In this keyhole surgery, the stomach size gets restricted to reduce food intake. Sleeve gastrectomy has minimal long term nutritional consequences.
- Usually, you can expect to loseup to 70 percent of your excess weight The laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy results in 50 to 70 percent excess weight loss.
- Usually, Weight loss following sleeve gastrectomy is maximum in the first three months. It continues up to 1-year post laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy.
- This surgery can be performed by a single incision bariatric surgery method as well.
Why should you consider Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy over other treatments?
- If you are older and suffering from other health problems or have undergone surgery related to heart, lung, or liver, then do not take the risk. Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy is the best treatment for you.
- Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy has minimal side effects. Side effects of other treatments may include stomach ulcers and poor food absorption.
- LSG is best for obesity-related problems, including diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol. As with due course of time, the conditions get improved.
What after the laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy treatment?
Under the guidance of veteran laparoscopic surgeon Dr.K.Prakash, The Roux‐en‐Y gastric bypass (RYGBP) is employed for the morbidly obese patient. It gets done after a person undergoes through keyhole sleeve gastrectomy.
This treatment effectively reduces the food intake of a person who suffers from severe obesity.
The final word
The laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy can effectively contrast the physiological changes that result from morbid obesity. Get treated with the best treatment under the guidance of Dr.K.Prakash in Kerala. Secure your health now, and heal yourself for a healthier life.