Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery in Kochi, Kerala
Laparoscopic colectomy is the most innovative approach for abdominal surgery, which has evolved in a big way over the last couple of decades. In laparoscopic of key-hole surgery the steps and the procedure performed is the same as in open surgery. Since the entire operation is made through small incision it provides the following benefits to the patient:
- Less pain after operation.
- Less tissue trauma and hence healing time is reduced.
- Early ambulation and quick recovery.
- Early return of bowel functions.
- Early return to work and social life.
- Cosmetic advantage due to small scars.
Our unit is equipped with most modern equipment for laparoscopic colectomy in Kochi. These include Auscelap 3D Laparoscopy system, High Definition 3-Chip Camera system from Karl-Storz and Stryker, Harmonic scalpel, thermosuflator, Force Triad-Ligasure vessel sealing system, Bariatric equipment and OT table, Intraoperative Ultrasound and Radiofrequency ablation system etc.
Commonly performed laparoscopic surgeries in Kochi are:
- Laparoscopic Anterior resection for carcinoma rectum.
- Laparoscopic APER for anal canal tumours.
- Laparoscopic restorative proctocolectomy with IPAA for polyposis coli.
- Laparoscopic Right Hemicolectomy.
- Laparoscopic colectomy for colonic diverticulitis.
- Laparoscopic colonic resection (Hemicolectomy, Segmental Colectomy etc) for benign and malignant lesions.
- Laparoscopic appendicectomy.
- Upper Gastrointestinal Surgery.
- Thoraco-Laparoscopic surgery for Esophageal cancer.
- Lap surgery for Achalasia Cardia (Heller’s cardiomyotomy)
- Laparoscopic Radical Subtotal Gastrectomy for Carcinoma Stomach
- Laparoscopic Total Gastrectomy for Carcinoma Stomach
- Laparoscopic Fundoplication Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD).
- Laparoscopic surgery for inguinal hernia (Lap TEP & TAPP repair)
- Laparoscopic mesh repair for Incisional & Umbilical Hernia
- Laparoscopic repair of Diaphragmatic Hernia.
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Lap CBD exploration for CBD stone
- Laparoscopic surgery for choledochal cyst
- Laparoscopic Right and Left Hepatectomy
- Laparoscopic resection for benign liver lesions
- Laparoscopic Whipples Pancreatoduodenectomy
- Laparoscopic Distal pancreatectomy
- Laparoscopic pancreatic necrosectomy for pancreatic necrosis
- Laparoscopic splenectomy
- Diagnostic laparoscopy
- Laparoscopic adhesiolysis
- Lap Appendicectomy
For any further details about the laparoscopic treatment, diagnosis and cure, meet us in person. Dr. K Prakash, the senior laparoscopic surgeon provides personalized consultation for laparoscopic colectomy and other types of gastrointestinal problems. Laparoscopic treatment of cancer, tumours is one of the best in our hospital. You can schedule an appointment and talk with experts about care, treatment facilities and more. We will be happy to help you!
Schedule your appointment for laparoscopic colectomy! Call us today- +91 97455 44493!